Self-service bikes near you: available 24/7
More than 30 automatic stations at your disposal 24/7 for all your travel needs. Hire a Vélhop at the nearest station, enjoy it for a few hours or all day, and then return it to the same station!
All in all, almost 600 new mechanical bikes designed by Nextbike will gradually be available to offer you a simpler way to reinvent mobility.
The new system now available
Discover the new self-service Vélhop system, now available on the App Store and Google Play!
Before you start, download the mobile application:
You can also register in advance on the Vélhop self-service website.
NEW: VIRTUAL STATIONS
Our new system includes a major new feature! These are “virtual” stations located in the Austerlitz, Broglie and Les Halles P3 Wilson parking facilities.
What’s special about these stations is that they don’t have any terminals. All you have to do is park your Vélhop in a Vélhop bike hoop, lock the frame lock, and that’s it!
Your Self-Service Bike
Nextbike's new Vélhop offer great user comfort.
As well as being resistant to the elements, weathering and corrosion, the bike's components are designed to resist attempts at damage thanks to internal wiring.
Its QR code, RFID reader and GPS box enable each bike to be geolocated, and to be hired, parked and returned flexibly via the Vélhop application.
How does it work?
Hire a Vélhop
How to download the mobile app?
Find the dedicated app on :
💻 You can register in advance on the Vélhop website
- Step 1 – Create your account by entering your details (surname, first name, email address, mobile phone), enter the PIN code you received by text message, then register your credit card, ApplePay or GooglePay on the Vélhop app.
*a €1 solvency test is carried out.
- Step 1 – If you want to choose a station subscription or register your PassMobilité, go to the “wallet” tab.
- Step 2 – Use the app to scan the QR code located on the back of the bike.
- Step 3 – The lock opens automatically and the rental begins.
Please note: The maximum period of consecutive use of a Vélhop in a station is 24 hours.
Pausing your rental
If you want to make a stop without ending the rental:
- Select “Park the bike” on the app and lock the frame lock.
- Your rental is still in progress.
- Click on “Resume rental” in your application to unlock the lock and set off again.
Please note: If you lock the frame lock without having activated the “Park” mode in the application, your rental will automatically end, the bike will be marked available for rental and you may be charged additional fees for returning the bike outside the original station.
Returning your Vélhop
- Return the bike to the same station where you hired it. Insert it in a terminal and lock it.
- For the virtual stations: Les Halles, Austerlitz and Broglie, simply place the bike on a Vélhop hoop and close the lock. These stations have no terminals.
- A beep confirms that the bike has been returned.
Please note: It is not possible to return the bike to another station. A fee of €25 will be charged for returns outside the original station.
⚠️ If, on your return, you don’t see any free spaces at the departure station, place the bike next to the others (outside any terminal) and lock the frame lock; your rental will end automatically and normally.
Our Self-Service Stations
Find your Vélhop